Friday, April 15, 2011

finished the book!

ok i finished the book, Siberian Education. I loved this book and found it incredibly interesting. the only thing i didn't like about it was that i'm done with it. It also ends in a spot where , to keep from ruining anything, you're thinking.... there better be a sequel but also tells you things that make you think that its not really the plan but maybe is.... The philosophy of this community and even how it varies from village to village but is in such close proximity (physically) is quite interesting. to me. i'll leave my review on library thing but not so detailed. it seemed to me to pull itself away from everything else, it's hard to explain but if you think about their philosophies, how they lived and all of it together it is kind of surreal. i would say ben might really love comparing the philosphy of the book. it takes you though many generations of philosophy. what they tried to pass down... see i'm just not getting it across. so....

i think ben would find different philosphies of life and their beliefs interesting. They do bring up matters of generations back as well (you know ben likes the old stuff) and to me the region it's in might cross with some of his studies...... mudder will love the history and learning of the people. they seem to be set apart to me and i think she'll find that fascinating..... dani will just drink it in because it could be a hummanities project.....
so what i'll say is this. it's a quick easy read. it's interesting and done in such a way that you just flow with it. i had some things, or impressions geneology wise (i know we aren't part of that tribe) but would love to discuss it with other family members who have read it to see what thier feelings are and if they picked up or it twinged the same area of the brain as me.....

so i'm taking it to mudder next week and then dani has dibs, ben i heard its on your want to read if you wanna wait i'll mail it to you when everyones done.

p.s. just remembered that he started at the end so sequel talk was incorrect i suppose. would still love the inbetween to read however.

update on my life:
these new pills seem to be working but lets just put it this way- they make me feel like crap. i didn't even put together that the pills were getting to me until i had to do some paperwork with the side effects and some beach! there were all my symptoms. flue symptoms, fever chills difficulty breathing (can cause upper respritory infections) headache and i swear i'm getting brain cramps from it. i didn't take one day and head felt better, took today and is twinging so by tomorrow if it gets bad again i wont take them. not sure pcn will cover them anyway but they work so well on my sugar... crap, what do you do...... hmmmm coma? or stroke?   lol

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've enjoyed the book so much. It sounds very interesting. I like what you have to say...your enthusiasm shows through.

    I wish your meds would work a miracle or two. How many ways are there to explore this diabetes crap?? I say ignore it...maybe it will go away. Haha....oh, guess not!!! Everyone is feeling like crap!! It's like it's a dictum of the universe this week. Can't wait to see you. We have to send Khrystine's old couch off tomorrow. Got Junk is coming...wonder what they would charge to take EVERYTHING in the house. Be good to yourself. You deserve kindness. Say Hi to Brandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mudder and i can't say that enough. it was great to see and you and be able to chat for a bit. hope you're enjoying the book i can't wait to discuss it with you. and thanks for the strawberry shortcake... damn that was good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read this, by the way. Have I mentioned that yet? It's a bit down on the list with everything else I need to do, but I'll get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i'm sure, busy to be a teacher, let alone at university. really proud of your life. would love to get your feedback on the book. no rush and like i said i'll mail it to you if you'd like once mudder and dani are done. it's worth the read.

    ReplyDelete

My Life

My Life
Littleman

My Baby